Business Partner Code
We are committed to working with our business partners to achieve high standards and to provide greater transparency on how we work together.
Maintaining high standards together
To meet the expectations of our customers have our products as high quality, reliable products, we form close working relationships – many of them long-term – with our business partners. In support of this approach, we have developed a Business Partner Code that is compatible with our Code of Business Principles. The Code makes clear the standards to which we expect our business partners to adhere. It contains 10 principles covering business integrity and responsibilities relating to employees, consumers and the environment.
We have introduced the Code by writing to all those suppliers with whom we have a direct relationship. In keeping with Raghuvir Lifestyle’s partnership approach, we work together with our partners, first to establish how compatible their standards are with ours and then, where necessary, to agree on measures and timescales to achieve the desired performance levels.
- There shall be compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the country where operations are undertaken
- There shall be respect for human rights, and no employee shall suffer harassment, physical or mental punishment, or other form of abuse
- Wages and working hours will, as a minimum, comply with all applicable wage and hour laws, and rules and regulations, including minimum wage, overtime and maximum hours in the country concerned
- There shall be no use of forced or compulsory labour, and employees shall be free to leave employment after reasonable notice
- There shall be no use of child labour, and specifically there will be compliance with relevant ILO standards
- There shall be respect for the right of employees to freedom of association
- Safe and healthy working conditions will be provided for all employees
- Operations will be carried out with care for the environment and will include compliance with all relevant legislation in the country concerned
- All products and services will be delivered to meet the quality and safety criteria specified in relevant contract elements, and will be safe for their intended use
- There shall be no improper advantage sought, including the payment of bribes, to secure delivery of goods or services to Unilever companies.